The AAPG has been monitoring the current situation with COVID-19, to ensure activities can take place safely. This has led to a change of dates for some key meetings. The AAPG’s Annual meeting will be a virtual conference and be held between 29th September and 1st October 2020. The “Stratigraphic and Reservoir Challenges with Triassic Plays in the North Sea Central Graben” virtual workshop will now be held on the 26th and 27th January 2021.
This two-day virtual conference aims to bring together industrial and academic persons to educate and develop approaches that will benefit both sectors in the future. The virtual conference will focus on the current techniques, the challenges and future solutions in understanding the Triassic stratigraphy of the Central Graben of the North Sea.
The main topics of the virtual conference will include:
- Integrated stratigraphic approaches & improved correlation
- UK-Norway inter-reservoir stratigraphic challenges
- Palaeogeography of the Triassic Central Graben
- Sedimentary sources, provenance as a factor controlling stratigraphy
- Structural geology of the Central Graben
- Facies analysis and interpretation – analogues with modern environmental settings
- Fluvial diagenesis and reservoir quality
- Drilling challenges in HPHT stratigraphic intervals
- Big data science, super computers and AI in improving stratigraphy
- Virtual core workshops
More Information, Register and Submit an Abstract
Please visit the conference website for all the latest news and to register/submit an abstract.